Mar 11, 2017. Scroll down the page to the section titled: 'Home Use Program (HUP) Benefit.' Copy the Program code, and have it ready when going to the microsofthup link below: Select United States [if not already entered], then enter your official DoD Enterprise Email.
Kannel: Open Source WAP and SMS Gateway * * * * * * * * * * * * Making a donation: Kannel: News This page contains news about Kannel: release announcements, press releases, and other such stuff. • • • • • • • • • • • • • • See also the. (1 August 2014) This is a STABLE version. It should be usable for production systems.
Please do report problems to the Kannel bug tracking system available at or send a mail to email@example.com (the development mailing list). Changes since version 1.5.0 devel • Compatibility breakers • SMPP config directives can have ONLY ONE session, either config directive 'port' or 'receive-port' can be set to identify if this is a bind as transmitter or receiver. Configurations with both config directives will PANIC at startup time. • New features • Added DLR support for redis. • Added DLR support for spool directories. • Added DLR support for SQLite3.
• Added SMSC support for GSMA OneAPI/Ericsson ParlayX via gSOAP. • Added SMSC SMPP support for optional TLVs of response PDUs via meta-data. • Added 'dead-start' feature for SMSC groups. • Added SMSC HTTP generic support for meta-data. • Added smsbox support to listen to specific interfaces. • Bugfixes • Fixed smsbox HTTP call starvation while retrying.
• Fixed various minor memory leaks for smsbox reported by valgrind. • Converted various PANIC conditions to WARNING/ERROR conditions to keep the operations running. • Fixed various issues with DLR handling. • Fixed various segmentation fault possibilities.
• Fixed various internal character transcoding issues. • Fixed issues for smsbox shutdown. • Fixed bearerbox MO routing logic. (20 October 2010) This is a DEVELOPMENT version. Please do report problems to firstname.lastname@example.org (the development mailing list), or file a bug report to our bug tracking system. Changes since version 1.4.3 • Compatibility breakers • Internal message structure has changed, so older smsbox connection daemons won't be able to communicate with this bearerbox. Please ensure that you use boxes from releases greater or equal 1.5.0 for correct communication.
• DLR storage via MySQL requires now MySQL 4.1 or higher, due that we use now prepared statements in the SQL calls. • New features • Added 'meta-data' support, which provides a mechanism to pass SMSC protocol specific optional data to the lower SMSC module layer. Optional TLVs for SMPP.
• Added better serial speed support for the AT modem on MacOS systems. • Added cleaner iconv() support for character re-encoding. • Added SMPP v3.4 DLR support via optional TLV values. • Added DLR support for the MT batch processing program.
• Added Microsoft SQL server support as DLR storage backend. • Extended the HTTP admin interface.
• Added SMPP v3.4 intermediate notification support. • Added MT module handling of +CME ERROR cases. • Added better result parsing generic HTTP SMSC module. • Added better throughput handling in SMPP module. • Added SMSC module 'loopback' as the MT counterpart of the 're-route' directive in the 'group = smsc' for MO messages. MT messages are bounced back as MOs into the incoming queue. • Added separate DLR message counters on the HTTP admin status.
• Added 'http-timeout' config directive to allow setting of a timeout value for outgoing HTTP calls. • Added WTLS provisioning support.
• Added add-on packages sqlbox and opensmppbox to the main distribution, where sqlbox provides abstraction from bearerbox towards SQL RDBMS and opensmppbox provides abstraction from bearerbox towards SMPP clients. • Bugfixes • Fixed various bugs in AT module. • Fixed various memory leaks. • Fixed ISO date parsing.
• Fixed HTTP cookie parsing in WAP module. • Fixed WAP-WSP quoted text parsing. • Fixed various WAP module bugs. • Fixed MT batch processing program.
• Fixed FreeBSD build procedure. • Fixed OMA OTA compiler output. • Fixed weak DLR resolving for some SMSC types. (4 February 2009) This is a STABLE version. It should be usable for production systems. Please do report problems to the Kannel bug tracking system available at or send a mail to email@example.com (the development mailing list). Changes since version 1.4.2 • Bugfixes • Fixed SMPP's DLR support, which was broken in 1.4.2 due to a modification.
(12 January 2009) This is a STABLE version. It should be usable for production systems. Please do report problems to the Kannel bug tracking system available at or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (the development mailing list). Changes since version 1.4.1 • Compatibility breakers • Internal message payload encoding changed from LATIN1 to UTF-8, which means any 1.4.2 boxes are unable to communicate with older versions. • Re-defined logic for the 'smsbox-route' group that is used for MO routing to different (identified) smsbox connections. • Changed main message structure to include foreign (SMSC) ID to it, breaking the access-log format and communication to older box versions. • New features • Added service routing based on account field, which allows routing of MO messages depending on the account set by an aggregating SMSC provider.
• Added the new 'generic' system-type for HTTP SMSC, which allows the usage of the escape code sequenced in send-url and regex parsing of HTTP response. • Added 'interactive' mode via stdin and stdout to allow a more human like interaction with the fake smsc module. • Added support to pass the 'from' source addr via 'X-Kannel-From' HTTP header in the PPG request. • Added generic DLR handling for type 'kannel' (HTTP SMSC), which allows point-to-point DLR forwarding though the whole kannel instance chain. • Added support for store spool directory.
• Added concatenation MO support. • Added AT SMSC support for protocol 'type = telnet', which interprets telnet escape sequenced compared to rawtcp. • Added REGEX support for keyword matching. • Added support for IBM AIX 64bit builds. • Added SSL support for HTTP SMSC module server. • Added bearerbox HTTP admin command 'reload-lists' to allow re-loading of the '[white black]-list' on the fly.
• Added support of concatenated, 8bit and Unicode messages over HTTP via Clickatell. • Bugfixes • Fixed alias support for sms-service in smsbox scope. • Fixed various MIME type handling bugs. • Fixed security and race condition issue in HTTP module for keep-alive connections.
• Fixed wrong length calculation for concatenated messages. • Fixed bug that AT SMSC put UDH without UDH len. • Fixed various memleaks, reported by valgrind. • Fixed HTTP proxy scheme interpretation for SSL-enabled connections. • Fixed OTA compiler, within WBXML compilation. • Fixed encoding of 'Content-Id' WSP header.
• Fixed various segfaults in SMPP, logging modules. • Fixed various AT command handling in AT module. • Fixed 7bit encoding in AT SMSC. (25 September 2006) This is a STABLE version. It should be usable for production systems. Please do report problems to the Kannel bug tracking system available at or send a mail to email@example.com (the development mailing list). Changes since version 1.4.0 • Compatibility breakers • Format for wapbox's access-log format changed to include the MSISDN of a client as second argument after client IP and before method.
• fakesmsc uses now -r to specify the remote port on bearerbox side. Option -p is generally reserved for pid file creation. • sendsms now obeys bearerbox's reply before indicating result to HTTP caller. This breaks any application layer clients that rely on the HTTP body response of sendsms. To enforce the old behaviour use config directive 'immediate-sendsms-reply = true' in smsbox group. • DLR via MySQL uses now also 'username' and 'password' for the mysql-connection group in order to harmonize the config names. • New features • Added config directive 'store-dump-freq' to core group to define the fequency of the store-file dumping mechanism.
• Added backtrace support for Linux. In case of PANIC, we get a backtrace of the called routines to make debugging easier. • Added some new modem groups to doc/examples/modems.conf. • Added more WTAI functions to support. • Added RAW TCP support for remote termnial servers for AT modem devices. • Added 'config.nice' support while configure time, to allow 'remembering' the used configure flags and options. • Added OMA ProvCont support via OTA messages.
• Added SyncML support via OTA messages. • Added directive 'wml-strict' to wapbox group. • SMPP data_sm PDUs are supported now for MO messages.
• SMPP added config directives 'bind-addr-ton' and 'bind-addr-npi' to allow setting values for bind_receiver and/or bind_transmitter PDUs. • Added support for WSP 1.6 headers. • Added automatic support for large files, via compiler directives. • Added config line delimiter via (backslash). This allows wrapping config lines to several lines. • Added support for hooking config group definition files as our own gwlib/cfg.def from external add-on modules to the core. Main intention is to provide a installed Kannel without the need of patching the source for any modules that use Kannel's gwlib and gw libs.
• Added config directives 'bearerbox-port' and 'bearerbox-port-ssl' to smsbox group, in order to not need any core group reading of external modules, ie. • Added config directive 'max-pending-requests' for smsbox group to control the outbound requests stream generated from smsbox towards HTTP application servers. • Bugfixes • Fixed several bugs in TCP connection handling.
• Fixed several bugs in HTTP communication layer. • Fixed segfaults on x86_64 (Intel Xeon) platforms. • SMPP validity and defer time are set in UTC, several improvements and error checks added. • Fixed several 'make check' issues.
• MySQL support fixed, where certain function prototype names clashed with our own gwlist structure. • DLR support for PostgreSQL fixed for LIMIT clause usage.
• WSP empty header values fixed. • WDP fix to discard truncated datagrams without PANIC. • WAP Cookie handling fixed, charset handling generalized. • AT driver fixes and improvements. • RADIUS bug fixed in MD5 computing for authentication towards NAS.
• MacOS X support improved for configure process. • store-file fixes and improvements. • WML compiler fix, causing sefault. • Fixed memory leaks for concat message handling.
• MIME parsing and handling fixed. • FreeBSD AMD64 architecture support fixed. • Fixed wapbox signal handling for shutdown. • WTP SAR race condition and handling fixed.
• Fixed memory leaks in smsbox. • sendsms POST XML handling fixed, where sender address was not parsed. • smsbox reply handling fixed, to copy the originating smsc-id value in the reply messages. (25 November 2004) This is a STABLE version. It should be usable for production systems. Please do report problems to the Kannel bug tracking system available at or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (the development mailing list). Changes since version 1.3.2 • Compatibility breakers • fakesmsc switching from -p to -r for port, since -p is used for pid-file creation.
This broke fakesmsc to use an other port then the default 10000 to connect to the smsc_fake module of bearerbox. • New features • Added ability to start/stop/restart of all smscconn's that have equal smsc-id's instead of only one.
• Implemented very simple priority queue ala Robert Sedgewick for gwlib. • Implemented concatenation of large sms inside bearerbox and does care of sending all message parts over one smsc link. Now we have a problem with concatenated large sms that bearerbox will try to load balance those over different smsc links and such messages arrive as junk (all parts of concatenated large sms must go through the same smsc). • SMPP added ESME dlr bit to DLR processing, added setting of sms priority flag in smsbox and smpp module. • bruNET upgrading response parsing to comply with more recent interface version (v2.0+) where bruNET delivers 'MessageId' in the HTTP response body. • AT, EMI usage of the of priority queue and priority flag.
• URLTranslation added '%o' as escape code for MO msgs representing the msg->sms.account field. Which is interpreted as the operator ID for aggregator specific MO messages. Xidris HTTP SMSC module. • test_ppg added support for X-WAP-Initiator-URI, use -I option. • Bugfixes • SMPP fixed panic on NULLed source_addr/destination_addr, for nulterminated string length checking of PDU elements, bug that dlr lookup was made with source instead of destination address (in dlr source and destination switched), fixed incorrect handling of GSM_ADDR_TON_ALPHANUMERIC for destination address.
• AT fixed segfault when modemtype is set to 'auto' or 'autodetect', fixed '+CPIN', some modem needs ''. • HTTP fixed a binary MT bug (when DC_8BIT has been set) and various improvements for passing parameters to the HTTP request, fixing 3united (formerly Xidris) HTTP interface for binary MT messages. We passed URL-encoded binary string, but server side expected HEX encoded (2 char per byte) version. • WSP string coding bug fixed.
• WML compiler fixed panic for certain DOCTYPE definitions, memory leak fixed. • XMLRPC fixed memory leak. • Fixed ISO date handling. • Fixed double encoding in smsbox when trans coding from UCS2 to UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1. • Improved pthread reader/writer-locks.
• Fixed usage of native semaphores on MacOS X to avoid a 'not implemented' error. • Fixed pthread lib settings for FreeBSD 5.2.1. • Added check for 'sem_init' in librt. This needs on Solaris & HP-UX. • Fixed Linux version of gw_gethostbyname when gethostbyname_r failed.
Also free buffer on error. • Fixed daemon mode (make sure stdin/stdout/sdterr are opened and do chdir('/')) and change user code (set supplementary group id's and don't destroy passwd struct). • Bug work-around causing segfault on cygwin while using uninited rwlock functions. • Various memory leak and double free fixes. (8 October 2004) The OpenGroup serves as certification authority for the WAP 1.2.1 (June 2000) and WAP 2.0 protocol stacks for the OMA (formerly WAP Forum). OpenGroup's test suites rely on 3 different WAP gateways for the certification process.
Kannel is proud to be one of those 3 WAP gateways for the WAP 1.2.1 and WAP 2.0 certification within the reference pool. Which implies that any officially WAP certified device has been successfully tested with the Kannel WAP gateway. See for more details on OpenGroup's WAP certification program.
(15 July 2004) This is a DEVELOPMENT version. Please do report problems to email@example.com (the development mailing list). The bug tracking system is currently offline. Changes since version 1.3.1 • Compatibility breakers • LICENSE changed to Kannel Software License v1.0. BSD-style as before with some more restrictions to the name 'Kannel' and usage of it. • SMPP changed recoding of source_addr and destination_addr on the MO side.
We will pass an prefixed '+' to the smsbox side. Otherwise there is no chance for back-end applications, like smsbox to decide what type of number it is. • EMI2 login operation 60 had a hard timeout of 30 sec.
Some SMSC may need longer to ACK the login, so use the 'wait-ack' time value here too in case it's larger then 30 sec. • CIMD2 harmonized 'my-number' directive, this makes 'sender-prefix' obsolete, interpretation of 'keepalive' is now in seconds instead of minutes. • HTTP SMSC changed 'dlrurl' to 'dlr-url', 'dlrmask' to 'dlr-mask' in order to reflect changes within smsbox's sendsms interface. • Removed no more needed 'retry' smsc group directive. This is now handled via the more abstracted 'reconnect-delay' value.
• WAP access.log file of wapbox has now some more elements, ie. Remote IP of client, HTTP method, length of content body, user agent string, HTTP server string, cookie support is enabled now by default, added new 'wap-url-map' and 'wap-user-map groups to replace deprecated 'map-url' map. • Renamed internal SMSC module identifiers for the smsc group directive 'smsc', which identifies which SMSC module is to be used for the specific link, according to these: emi2 to emi, at2 to at, emi to emi_x25. • The configure option switch --with-defaults default value is now 'speed'. • (!!!) smsbox's sendsms interface changed for values passed to various variables, according to this: pid=0 says that you want a pid value in pdu, with value 0; mclass is now 0-3; coding is 0-2; alt-dcs is 0-1; mwi is 0-7 to comply with ETSI values; dlrmask and dlrurl query parameters are deprecated, but still functional; please use dlr-mask and dlr-url; flash was removed. • Changed core group config option 'maximum-queue-length' to 'sms-incoming-queue-limit' for the sake of semantics. • Added 'binfo' billing identifier/information element to bearerbox's access.log log format.
• Changed the way how DLR storage is 'defined' while configure time, according to this: removes '--with-dlr', --with-mysql to --with-mysql-dir, --enable-[mysql oracle sdb sqlite] to --with-[mysql oracle sdb sqlite]. • Account field is required in DLR table-space and dlr config sections too. • New features • SMPP added facility to specify SMSC service type with 'service-type = foo', adding handling of invalid userid and/or passwd to shutdown SMSC connection rather then retrying to reconnect, a set of optional parameters (SMPP v3.4) have been added, UDH support for MOs, handling of intermediately delivery notifications, added 'message_payload' handling, added enhanced DLR parsing and handling of DLR's optional parameters, added 'more messages to send' support. • EMI added XSer $0c and $0d handling, OP/31 handling for the sake of EMI implementations that use this construct as server-side initiated keep-alive mechanism. • CIMD2 has been rewritten to the new SMSCConn API layer, added additional support features 'our-host', 'our-port' and parameter 069 (service center address), harmonized log message formating, new 'no-dlr' config directive to indicate if DLR requests should be proceeded, added RPI (return-path-indication) support and binfo support via tariff class, allows setting PID for MT messages, adds 'more messages to send' support. • HTTP SMSC added 'system-type = brunet' for an implemenation of bruNET's specific HTTP interface (bruHTP 2.1), harmonized debug output, added 'system-type = xidris' for an implementation of Xidris, 'dlrurl' and 'dlrmask' handling for Kannel message proxying, added 'system-type = wapme' for the Wapme SMS Proxy gateway interface.
• SOAP/XML over HTTP module added. Yet not bound to abstraction layer. Hence this is yet experimental. • FAKE added DLR handling for fake smsc type. Now you can test DLR handling even while unattached to real SMSC. • AT added +CMTI support for MO messages, 2 new config options 'max-error-count' and 'reset-string' for hard reset of the modem when modem crashed. • OISD has been rewritten to SMSCConn API, added validity support.
• HTTP admin command 'restart' added to restart bearerbox, 'loglevel' to change log-level of log-files while bearerbox is running. • Added 'our-host' interface support for binding to an explicit interface on SMSC connections. • Added smsc specific logging capability by handling open log files in exclusive or non-exclusive mode, using 'log-file' and 'log-level' as smsc config directives. • Added --disable-wap and --disable-sms configure switches to disable parts in bearerbox. • Moved smsc group config directive 'reconnect-delay' into higher abstraction layer to provide this for all SMSC modules.
Reconnect delay is defaulting to 10 sec. • Added internal restarting msg command among boxes.
• Added new command line option ('-g' or '--generate') to bearebox. This option just dump all known config groups and options to stdout.
• WAP added support for EFI inside WMLScript, added new application ids from OMNA web page, WSP encoding-version handling, logging of upstream HTTP server failures with HTTP response code 502 (bad gateway), new config option 'http-interface-name' to wapbox configuration and allow selecting of interface for outgoing HTTP requests, allows to put semicolon-separated list of IP addresses in 'wdp-interfaces' statement in config file and kannel send responses from proper addresses. • WAP Push added missing official WINA URIs, 'concatenation' and 'max-messages' config directive support for wapbox group, handling of PPG related DLR reports.
PPG sends SMS with DLR, but smsbox has to do the DLR signalization to the specified DLR-URL. The stored service name is read from PPG core group, added 'default-dlr-url', 'ppg-smsbox-id', 'service-name' to ppg core group and 'dlr-url', 'smsbox-id' to wap-push-user group. • RADIUS accounting proxy implementation added for MSISDN provisioning within WAP operations. • Added 'throughput' smsc group config directive for MT message per sec. • Added bearerbox internal re-routing via config directives 'reroute', 'reroute-smsc-id' and 'reroute-receiver' to multi-group 'smsc'.
This allows MOs to be directly turned into MTs within bearerbox. • ORACLE 8i/9i support added for database pools and DLR handling.
• PostgreSQL support added for database pools. • SQLITE added SQLite support for database pools. • Added new escape code '%I' for URL translations to allow inclussion of the internal SMS ID into the processing, new escape code '%T' for sending the UNIX epoch timestamp in favor of '%t'.
• Added shell script 'gw-config' to allow 3rd party software to check for CFLAGS, LIBS and version of the installed Kannel instance. • Added 'binfo' to smsbox's sendsms interface to pass relevant billing identifier/information to smsc modules.
• Added POSIX regular expression support. • Added Perl compatible regular expression (PCRE) library support via --enable-pcre configure option. • Added back-trace support for specific architectures for better debugging information on panics.
Hint: use address within  with addr2line or add -rdynamic to CFLAGS. • Added new config directives 'access-log-clean' and 'access-log-format' to allow custom core access.log formatting, 'access-log-time' to indicate if localtime or GMT should be used within access.log. • Added new command line parameters for daemons (all boxes): -P/--parachute: start watcher father process that catch and restart crashed child process -X/--panic-script: execute this script if child process crashed -u/--user: change process user-id (security) -p/--pid-file: write PID into the given file -d/--daemonize: daemonize the process • Added new config directive 'smsbox-max-pending'. • Bugfixes • SM/ASI fixed TON and NPI values, PDU decoding, decoding of binary MOs, enquire link PDUs were not sent within regular time-frame. • SMPP fixed generic_nack definition, sequence incrementation, charset encoding misbehavior when msgs get split into multiple sms chunks, checking of esm_class for DLRs (only bits 2-5), PDU decoding bug for UDH sequence, wrong esm_class checking for deliver_sm PDU, improved error handling for wrong MO PDUs, shutdown sequence improvements, bug for re-encoding character set, bug that source-autodetect was 'false' if not defined in the config although userguide mentioned 'true', race conditions amongst status and connect_time while set in various threads, optional parameters handling improved. • CIMD2 fixed for CPU load consume while idle, wrong time for messages, wrong parameter length for 'service description' field. • AT fixed panic if UDH in PDU is set but user data length = 0, bug in non-blocking write to modem device, few race conditions.
• HTTP SMSC fixed a number of bugs. Including bearerbox crash if smsc-id is stopped and /status page is called, don't 'fail' a MT message when the HTTP server can not be triggered, instead use 'reconnect-delay' to try again, expected MO parameters to 'username' and 'password' instead of 'user' and 'pass'. • SSL fixed a serious pthread_mutex bug for call-back function to the openssl thread locking, non-blocking write mode, memory leak in SSL handshake sequence, various improvements. • Fixed generic alt_dcs re-coding misbehavior. • HTTP fixed basic auth problem with the passwd, redirecting, serious bug in the HTTP client code causing smsbox to crash if the connection is closed directly by the HTTP server. • Fixed bearerbox behavior while receiving SIGHUP (restart) signal, signal handling that may have caused deadlock. • Fixed ACK/NACK handling between bearerbox and smsbox.
• WAP fixed and improved XML charset encoding handling, WSP header 'Encoding-Version' handling, HTTP referrer header removed due to breaking specific WAP Forum certification tests, various fixes in WML compiler character encoding handling, DOS bug within WML compiler, possible segfault if WML document doesn't contain DTD section, crashing wapbox while comparing empty cookie strings, various memory leaks, WTP bug for abort PDU in specific timeout events, fixed variable substitution within WML compiler. • WAP Push fixed malformed xml responses for the PAP document, none accepted attribute 'product-name', case insensitive handling of constants 'WAPPUSH' and 'TYPE' for sake of interoperability with existing PIs, handling of Push flag, PPG specifier and prologue parsing to support other PIs, including delimiter parsing, PAP MIME parsing, various memory leaks. • Fixed partially panics caused by too long UDH sequences.
• DLR smsc-id is added now to DLR MOs from the temporary DB table-space. • Queue policies have been improved for internal bearerbox to smsbox message transmission. • Fixed race conditions within store-file handling. • Fixed serious poll() handling of POLLHUP and POLLERR. • Fixed bug that config directive 'sendsms-chars' was not used at all in the logic, only the default remained. • Fixed bug in smsbox that crashed if%A is used in get-url.
(17 February 2003) This is a DEVELOPMENT version. Please do report problems to firstname.lastname@example.org (the development mailing list). The bug tracking system is currently offline. Changes since version 1.3.0 • Compatibility breakers • SMPP changed default behavior of the 'source-addr-autodetect' to yes. Now the module will try to set TON and NPI automatically by scanning the given source address.
• Added proxying of the smsc-id value to attached smsbox instances via the HTTP SMSC module. This allows spreading load from one smsbox to several bearerbox instances. • New features • Additional Debian packaging files. • Documentation section about log file rotation. • PPG now allows routing to explicit smsc-id's. New config directives 'default-smsc' for ppg group and 'forced-smsc' and 'default-smsc' for wap-push-user group have been added. • Added debug info about amount of outstanding HTTP requests in the smsbox retry queue.
• OIS added direct module. • CIMD2 added validity setting. • Bugfixes • CIMD2 various fixes for correct urltrans()ing. • AT2 fixed double-increment bug for outgoing messages counter. • Fixed a keep-alive lookup problem when using a HTTP proxy. • HTTP SMSC various fixes.
• Fixed infinite loop bug if /TYPE=xxx is missing in the PAP document. • Fixed a bug in the smsbox routing behavior of bearerbox. • SMPP various fixes for the optional fields decoding. • EMI2 fixed MO counter bug and assignment of non-existing fields bug. • Various fixes in the WAP application layer.
(5 January 2003) This is a DEVELOPMENT version. Please do report problems to email@example.com (the development mailing list). The bug tracking system is currently offline. Changes since version 1.2.1 • Please see (02 November 2002) This is a STABLE version. It should be usable for production systems. Please do report problems to firstname.lastname@example.org (the development mailing list). The bug tracking system is currently offline.
Changes since version 1.2.0 • Compatibility breakers • SMPP module users should note that the 'msg-id-type' default behavior has changed. The SMPP spec says that msg ids should be C strings and hence we treat them as such per default. If your SMSC gives msg ids in submit_sm and deliver_dm PDUs in different numbering basing, then please use the 'msg-id-type' config directive to set it accordingly. • New features • SMPP priority flag is now supported. • SMPP unbind PDU handling added.
• SMPP throttling error code support added. • MacOS X support has been improved. • Added 'allowed-receiver-prefix' and 'denied-receiver-prefix' for sms-service groups. This is used to restrict access to service requests coming in on certain receiver numbers, i.e. Shortcut numbers. • Added directives 'http-request-retry' and 'http-queue-delay' for HTTP request queuing for sms-service 'get-url' and 'post-url' services. This way a non reachable HTTP server will not cause to drop the request.
Instead smsbox will hold a queue and retry the HTTP request via the configurable settings 'http-request-retry' and 'http-queue-delay'. • Added 'store-status' HTTP admin command to retrieve the messages currently in the main queue. • Added a '--with-cflags=CFLAGS' and '--with-libs=LIBS' configuration options. These are useful when Kannel is linked again additional proprietary modules. • Improvements in the Siemens M20 GSM modem support. • Added EMI2 specific configuration directives 'notification-pid' and 'notification-addr'. • Added Return Path Indicator (RPI) support for SMPP and EMI2 via boolean sendsms interface parameter 'rpi' • LibSDB support for external storage has been added.
LibSDB is an abstraction library for various DB system, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, gdbm and some others. • wapbox has an own access.log facility now. • Added the new 'smasi' SMSC type for connecting to SM/ASI protocol SMSC, like the CriticalPath InVoke SMS Center. • Added HEAD method support for HTTP client module. • DLR support for the AT2 module has been added. • Slight re-organization of the DLR module to make it easier in supporting other SMSC modules too.
• Added 'unified-prefix' configuration directive on a smsc basis to set number normalization rules. This may be used it SMSC connections handle prefix normalization differently. • Added 'source-addr-autodetect' to smsc group for auto-detecting source addr in smpp module, if desired. • Bugfixes • Timezone issue fixed in SMPP module. • Output of fakewap has been made more human-readable. • Various fixes and improvements in the WMLScript parsing routines.
• Fixed various other possible segmentation faulting bugs in handling null'ed Octstr vars. • Fixed various mutex problems that caused errors while accessing lists. • Some fixes in HTTP keep-alive handling logic that causes our client to keep the connection up, even while the server has asked to drop it. • Various fixes and improvements in the PPG (push proxy gateway) module. • Fixed a bug in the prefix-match routine that caused to tread an number match not to be a prefix match.
(04 July 2002) This is a STABLE version. It should be usable for production systems. Please do report problems to email@example.com (the development mailing list). The bug tracking system is currently offline.
Changes since version 1.1.6 • Compatibility breakers • configure now uses the --enable-localtime as default. This will log file stamps in local time, not GMT.
Beware if you need other timezone date logging to switch this off. • configure now uses the --with-malloc=native as default. This is more suitable for production environments then the limited malloc checking counterpart. Come Installare Windows Su Cubovision Internet. • Use the 'to' HTTP GET variable to specify the destination MSISDN of outbound messages for both sendsms and sendota HTTP interfaces. • wapbox does not any longer start a PPG HTTP server thread if no ppg group is specified in the configuration file. • New features • Harmonized logging output for EMI2 and SMPP module. • Added on-the-fly shutdown and re-start for specific smsc-ids via the administrative HTTP interface URIs 'stop-smsc' and 'start-smsc'.
• Added traffic statistics of inbound and output SMS on the status page. • Added 'interface-version' config directive for SMPP module. • Added timing configuration directives for SMPP module to specify reconnect delays and timeout values.
• Added alternative DCS support for SMPP module to define alternative DCS value via sendsms's alt-dcs flag. • Added support for XML POSTs of SMS messages on the basis of the IETF draft • Added transceiver mode for SMPP links.
• Added wapbox directive 'smart-errors' for smarter WSP error messages to the handset device. • Added wapbox directive 'force-sar' for forced processing of segmentation and reassembly (WTP-SAR) packages. • Bugfixes • Fixed compiler warning for gcc 3.x for compiler macros. • Fixed a couple of memory leaks in various modules. • Improved the output of the status page and fixed the status condition if an SMPP link is only used as receiver. • Fixed validity issues in the SMPP module.
• Fixed a possible segv bug in SSL connection opening call. • Fixed handling of application ids in the PPG module. • Implemented a queue limit for outbound messages.
This should hold up the situation that there are infinitely more messages injected to the queue then there are outflowing to the SMSC connections. • Further improvements in the AT2 module.
• Fixed some MySQL related problems while processing DLRs to databases. • Development news • Major reconstruction will take place in the development branch. Most significantly for adding an module API to support 'plug-in' modules ala Apache style. • Rewriting the autotool configuring and Makefile issues will be an item too for the development branch. • WTLS is yet not implemented and we are looking forward for someone to pick this item up.
• WAP protocol support 1.1 will be upgraded to 1.2.1 to support MMS proxy/serer extensions using Kannel as WAP gateway. • There are a couple of available patches pending for the development branch, see the STATUS file. (28 March 2002) This is a DEVELOPMENT version. It should be usable for experimentation and testing, and is a release candidate for 1.2. Please do try it out and report problems to firstname.lastname@example.org (the development mailing list). The bug tracking system is currently offline. This is not an update to 1.0.
Updates to 1.0 will be numbered 1.0.x, until we decide to release 1.2. See the VERSION file for details. Changes since version 1.1.5 • Compatibility breakers • Major restructuring of the AT2 module has been done. See the ChangeLog for more details. • New features • PPG module has been introduced and works for both IPv4 and SMS based bearers.
Supported document types are SL and SI. The PPG is an essential item of the WAP Push architecture. • WTLS support has been included, but yet not finished. Development in this area is still needed.
• Flash SMS support added. Messages that arrive at mobile terminals are displayed directly to the user interface and usually they can not be saved to the inbox.
• 3G Lab contributed the XML files for their Alligata. • Added 'keepalive' feature for EMI2 module. • MWI (message waiting indicator) message support added. These messages do cause the mobile terminal to indicate special events on the user interface, i.e. Showing that a new E-Mail has arrived.
• AT2 now supports Siemens TC35 • Added DLR (delivery report) support for SMSC modules. Delivery reports are returned by SMSCs and can trigger a defined URL in order to inform the pushing application of a successful transmission of the message. URLs can be set on a per-message request basis and hence semantics of the message ID is kept by the requesting application. • AT2 now support auto-detection of modem devices. • HTTP basic authentication can be used now for sms-service groups. This allows SMS services to access HTTP resources that need explicit user authentication using the HTTP basic authentication scheme (RFC 2617). • EMI2 windowing control has been added.
• DLRs may be stored to external storage. Using the --with-dlr configure flag external storage spaces may be used for the DLRs. This is useful in cases you take your boxes down and do not want to loose all pending DLR messages.
Currently MySQL is supported as external storage. • SSL-enabled HTTP servers are now available for any HTTP interface. Users may rely now on secured HTTPS scheme communication between HTTP clients and Kannel's HTTP servers. This is used for the sendsms and the administration HTTP interface. • Cygwin platform is now supported out-of-the-box without additional pthreads libraries from 1.3.9. • WAP OTA (over-the-air) has been improved.
OTA settings and bookmarks may be send via SMS bearer to capable mobile terminals. Pre-defined sets from the configuration may be send or individual sets using a GET request parameter.
This will change to allow POST of the OTA XML document. • Several new phones are supported for the AT2 module. See the doc/modems.conf file for their definitions. • New sendsms HTTP interface field 'account' has been introduced.
This is mainly for accounting purposes. • SSL-enabled inter-box TCP communication can be used. In case boxes are running on different machines in different unreliable networks this may be used to secure the TCP connection between them, i.e. Smsbox talking to a remote bearerbox and communication is SSL-enabled. • URIs for the HTTP interfaces configurable. The HTTP interface default URIs for the sendsms and sendota functions may be defined in the configuration to individual URIs.
• Added SMSC interface implementation to Sonera ContentGateway. • Solaris packaging added. • Added 'exec' translation type to sms-service. This allows to execute arbitrary external code and pass the output as reply to the message sender.
• Include within configuration files added. This makes 'include = 'foobar.conf' possible and hence segmenting the groups to their own config files to make the setup more clean. • Improved HTTP SMSC behavior. • SIM buffering for AT2 has been included.
This is a fail-safe mechanism to handle messages that pass the regular line of processing to the SIM card. • Bugfixes • Various fixes in all major SMSC modules. • Fixed bugs in text concatenation. • Fixed make process bug for Solaris 2.6 • Various memory leaks have been fixed. • Fixed default DocBook detection for FreeBSD platform. • Fixed forced-smsc bug for sendota HTTP interface.
• Fixed issues to support Linux on PowerPC and S390 again. • Development news • WTLS is the next major challenge. At least --with-wtls=openssl configure leads to a clean make process.
3ui's kwtls package seems to be good enough as sample for the missing WTLS parts. • Added general MySQL connection support. This may be extended to have several groups reside in corresponding MySQL tables and hence operation of highly dynamical environments gets easier, because there is no need to restart or -HUP the boxes.
(31 May 2001) This is a DEVELOPMENT version. It should be usable for experimentation and testing, and is a release candidate for 1.2. Please do try it out and report problems to email@example.com (the development mailing list) or firstname.lastname@example.org (the bug tracking system). This is not an update to 1.0. Updates to 1.0 will be numbered 1.0.x, until we decide to release 1.2. See the VERSION file for details. Changes since version 1.1.4 • Compatibility breakers • sendsms service now uses the HTTP status code in replies, instead of always using 200.
Valid requests get 202 (Accepted), invalid requests get an error code. • New features • fakewap is better at testing high loads. • Added sender-prefix configuration variable for CIMD2. • A new sms-service escape sequence,%i, which expands to the smsc-id of the message. • Added a status.xml service to the administration interface.
• Bugfixes • Minor bugfix to emi2. • Fixed handling of accept-x-kannel-headers and assume-plain-text configuration fields. • Phone-as-SMSC driver can handle text messages with UDH. • Fixed a rare case that could cause a deadlock between the bearerbox and smsbox. • Fixed a bug that prevented having many smsc configuration blocks. • HTTP: Correctly handle redirections to invalid URLs.
• Don't panic if there is no 'default' sms-service. • Development news • Beginnings of https support. Not secure yet.
(25 May 2001) Wapit, ANAM, and 3G LAB made a joint proposal for the formation of a Kannel Foundation. The proposal will be until June 14. Copyright © 2001-2017 The Kannel Group. All rights reserved.